Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is one of the most beautiful and challenging treks in the world, situated in the eastern part of Nepal. It is an epic trek that takes you through some of the most stunning landscapes in the world, offering breathtaking views of the snow-capped peaks, glaciers, forests, and meadows. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a journey of a lifetime that is perfect for those who love adventure and are looking for a unique experience.
One of the highlights of the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is the view of the Kanchenjunga massif, the third-highest mountain in the world, which is visible from several different angles along the trek. The trek also offers stunning views of other peaks such as Mount Jannu, Mount Everest, and Mount Lhotse, making it a perfect destination for mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is known for its unique and diverse landscapes, including dense forests, glaciers, and snow-capped peaks. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to experience the culture and lifestyle of the local communities, including the Sherpa people, who are known for their warm hospitality and rich culture.
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is not for the faint-hearted, as it involves strenuous hiking and camping at high altitudes. It is recommended for experienced trekkers who are physically fit and have a good level of fitness. However, with the right preparation and support, even novice trekkers can complete this trek successfully. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Itinerary can be completed in 22 days, depending on your pace and the route you take. It is recommended to trek during the spring (March to May) or autumn (September to November) months when the weather is clear and the visibility is good. During these months, the temperature is also moderate, making it easier to complete the trek.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Itinerary will start after taking a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar and a four-hour drive to Basantpur. The trail climbs through the settlements of the yak herders, Sherpa, and Chhetri villages with a backdrop of the Kanchenjunga massif. Crossing the ridge towards the Tamur River, panoramic views of Makalu and Chamlang appear. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking Trail will cross the Mewa Khola at Dobhan and follows the Tamur Koshi. Dense rhododendron, pine, and oak forests pass along the way.
At Ghunsa, a Sherpa village, prayer flags, and gompas can be seen in plenty. Jannu and other unclimbed peaks can be seen from a monastery nearby. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Route will pass through the edge of the Kanchenjunga Glacier. After crossing the junction of Lhonak Glacier and the valley, you will come to an extraordinarily beautiful clearing with a magnificent landscape of unspeakable beauty where you will set camps for the day. Lhonaks exploration will continue for some days which includes going to Pangpema to view Kanchenjunga's north face. Slowly descending through Tortong, Yamphudim, Khebang, Phakholing, and Tharpu, you will reach Bhadrapur from where you will take a flight back to Kathmandu, which will conclude your Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Itinerary successfully.
We at Green Valley Nepal Treks and Research Hub are pleased to present our well-planned Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Detailes Itinerary, which will give you an experience of a lifetime. Green Valley Nepal Treks open booking for 2023, 2024 and 2025 to Kanchenjunga. Based on your time, budget, and endurance, we are willing to modify Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Itinerary to meet your requirements. For more questions regarding the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Itinereary and cost, please don't hesitate to contact us or WhatsApp.
Benefits of Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Booking with us
- International and Domestic Airport Pickup And Drop off service
- Green Valley Nepal Trek Duffle Bag
- Green Valley Nepal Trek T-Shirt
- Free Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Map
- An Oximeter to Check Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels.
- Medical Kits - Which May Be Necessary In Certain Cases.
- Free Excess Luggage Storing At Green Valley Nepal Store During The Trek
What you can expect from Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek?
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a challenging and rewarding trek through the remote region of Eastern Nepal. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek offers stunning views of the third highest mountain in the world, Mount Kanchenjunga, as well as other towering peaks, rolling hills, and vibrant local cultures. Here's what you can expect from the trek:
- You will be surrounded by the majestic peaks of Kanchenjunga, Makalu, and other mountains in the region, offering breathtaking views and a true sense of adventure.
- The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek takes you through remote villages inhabited by different ethnic groups, offering a unique insight into the local culture and way of life.
- The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a challenging trek, with steep ascents and descents, rough trails, and high altitudes. However, the sense of accomplishment that comes with completing the trek is unmatched.
- As you trek through the dense forests of the region, you may encounter diverse wildlife such as the Himalayan black bear, red panda, and musk deer.
- The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is less crowded compared to other popular treks in Nepal, offering a sense of solitude and peace.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a perfect blend of breathtaking mountain scenery, cultural diversity, and a true sense of adventure. Whether you are an experienced trekker or a beginner, it is an unforgettable experience that you won't regret.
Is Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Suitable For You?
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a challenging trek that requires a good level of physical fitness and preparation. It is not suitable for everyone and you should consider the following factors before embarking on the trek:
- The trek involves long days of hiking at high altitudes with steep ascents and descents. A good level of physical fitness and endurance is essential to complete the trek comfortably.
- The trek takes you to high altitudes, up to 5,160 meters, which can lead to altitude sickness. You should acclimate yourself properly and be aware of the symptoms.
- The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is not for beginners and requires a certain level of trekking experience. You should have previous experience trekking at high altitudes and be comfortable with rough trails and remote environments.
- The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a long trek that requires a significant amount of time. You should be prepared to spend a minimum of two weeks on the trek.
- The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek can be an costly due to its remote location and limited facilities compared with others trek. You should budget accordingly and be prepared for unexpected expenses.
If you are an experienced trekker with a good level of physical fitness and a sense of adventure, the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a suitable trek for you. However, if you are not comfortable with rough trails, remote environments, or high altitudes, it's best to consider other trekking options.
Preparation for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
Preparing for the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is crucial for a successful and safe trek. Here are some important factors to consider when preparing for the trek:
- To prepare for the physical demands of the trek, you should start training several months in advance, focusing on cardio, strength, and endurance exercises. Hiking, running, and cycling are great ways to improve your fitness level.
- To prevent altitude sickness, you should acclimate yourself properly by gradually increasing your altitude exposure. This can be done by taking day hikes to higher altitudes or by spending several days in the high-altitude regions before starting the trek.
- You will need appropriate trekking gear and equipment, including clothing, footwear, a sleeping bag, and a good-quality backpack. You should also consider purchasing or renting gear, such as trekking poles, crampons, and an ice axe.
- It's essential to carry a well-stocked first-aid kit and adequate supplies, such as water bottles, energy bars, and snacks. You should also consider carrying a portable water filter or purification tablets.
- Make sure you have comprehensive travel and medical insurance that covers high-altitude trekking. You will also need to obtain trekking permits for the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area and pay the necessary fees.
- Hiring a qualified and experienced guide is highly recommended for the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek. They can provide valuable guidance, support, and assistance during the trek.
By properly preparing for the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek, you can ensure a safe, enjoyable, and successful trekking experience.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Cost for 2023 and 2024:
The cost of the Kanchenjunga Trek depends on the length of your stay in the region and group size. Our Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Cost starts from USD 1995 and it might reaches up to USD 2500 per person depending on group size and facilities. Daily expenses for the Kanchenjunga trek are very dependent on your style and how you plan to visit.
Green Valley Nepal Treks offers the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Cost based on group size. Please follow for the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Cost details:
|No. of Pax||Starting Price||Action|
|1||USD 2500||Send Inquiry|
|2 to 4||USD 2200 per person||Send Inquiry|
|5 to 7||USD 2190 per person||Send Inquiry|
|8 to 10||USD 2150 per person||Send Inquiry|
|11 to 14||USD 2120 per person||Send Inquiry|