Best Season or Time for Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek
- Spring (March, April, May)
Spring is one of the best seasons for a trip to Gokyo Valley Trek with Lakes. The beautiful weather in spring makes the excursion much more enjoyable. The weather is constant, so there are no sudden downpours that may endanger the walk. No weather-related challenges exist for trackers, such as heavy rain, snowfall, or other severe conditions. Another exciting aspect of spring trekking is the opportunity to see animals that emerge out of hibernation. The region is densely forested, and the walks are decorated with colorful flowers.
- Autumn (September, October, November)
Autumn is another favored time of year for Gokyo Valley Trek with Gokyo Ri. Because there are fewer weather-related issues like landslides, avalanches, and other things. Throughout the whole autumn, you will take in magnificent views of the snow-capped Alps. Trekkers can see these Himalayan monuments against a brilliant blue sky. This time of year, a safe and enjoyable trek is available in the serene Himalayan foothills in the locality. The nation also observes a variety of celebrations in the autumn. Trekkers will thus have the possibility to encounter various civilizations along the lovely cultural trails. You may discover more about the local settlements with the help of a knowledgeable guide.
Food or Meal Available during Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek
You will have three meals throughout your Gokyo Valley Complete Circuit Trek journey.
- Breakfast: During the trip, meals like pancakes, cornflakes, local bread, chapatti, porridge, egg dishes of any form (fried egg, scrambled egg, boiled egg, omelet), toast, Muesli with milk, hash brown potatoes, and so on are usually provided.
- Lunch: Pancakes, cornflakes, local bread, chapatti, porridge, egg dishes of any kind (fried egg, scrambled egg, boiled egg, omelet), toast, Muesli with milk, hash brown potatoes, and so on are frequently supplied during the excursion.
- Dinner: The dinner menu is identical to the lunch menu, but it includes soups such as tomato soup, mushroom soup, garlic soup, vegetable soup, chicken soup, and so on.
- Drinks: You can get black tea, milk tea, lemon tea, ginger tea, mint tea, and so on for tea, and milk coffee or black coffee for coffee.
Accommodation Facilities during Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek
In Kathmandu, you will share a room with another guest at a 3-star hotel. If you are hiking in groups and regularly participating, you will be placed in a room with a person of the same gender. If you prefer a single supplement, you can ask for one in Kathmandu while you are on foot along the route (that might cost extra besides the trip price stated). Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more details. During the Gokyo Valley Circuit Trekking, you will stay at tea houses. Tea houses are a combination of lodging, dining establishment, and social hub. Little additional furniture, such as small tables or chairs, is present in the rooms other than twin beds. Usually, blankets are provided (it is recommended that you carry your own sleeping bags). The majority of bathrooms have a comfortable sitting or squatting toilets. The majority of the lodges have hot water for showers, although using hot showers incurs an extra cost.
Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek Difficulty Level
If you have never trekked before, especially in the Himalayas, the Gokyo Valley Trek may be difficult for you because you will be taking risky, hazardous routes. You must hike for at least 5 to 6 hours each day on this excursion. The steep, tough terrain has many ups and downs. You need to be in excellent physical and mental shape for this expedition. Altitude sickness is a significant concern on every Nepal hiking trip. Trekkers are more prone to encounter altitude sickness since the routes go through locations that are more than 4000 meters above sea level.
You will go over difficult, inaccessible, steep, and harsh terrain on the Gokyo Valley Trekking paths. You must overcome these obstacles if you want to build your abdominal muscles. Along the route, the hikers will face a range of difficulties, including rocky terrain, meadows, deep valleys, and roadways covered in rocks. Additionally, they will come across small cliffs and other dangerous terrains. These long walks will be difficult for most hikers. Someone who has never hiked in these conditions would find it difficult to cover such a large distance.
Travel Insurance for Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek
Travel insurance is required for Gokyo Valley Trek with Gokyo Ri. Prior to the start of the trip, each hiker is obligated to provide Green Valley Nepal Treks with a copy of their certificate of complete travel insurance coverage. The insurance must cover all costs associated with medical and emergency evacuation, as well as helicopter rescue operations up to a height of 6000 meters. Within a week of booking the Gokyo Valley Trek over Renjo La Pass, we require all participants to send us detailed insurance information. Based on your insurance policy and the other papers you provided to us, we'll quickly and effectively construct a rescue plan in the case of an emergency. Ask your insurance provider if they provide helicopter rescue and evacuation up to 6000 meters before buying travel insurance.
Altitude Sickness and Remedies during Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek
While on the Gokyo Valley Trek via Gokyo Lakes, altitude sickness can occur when the body is unable to adjust to the low oxygen levels and high air pressure in high-altitude Mountains. Many hikers and mountain climbers get acute mountain sickness when the oxygen level starts to plummet at an altitude of 3000 meters. Numerous symptoms, including headaches, exhaustion, nausea, shortness of breath, wooziness, lack of sleep or trouble falling asleep, loss of appetite, and others, are associated with acute mountain sickness. Consider the following advice to prevent altitude sickness before heading to Gokyo Valley Complete Circuit Trekking:
- Keep yourself hydrated when hiking and stay away from alcohol because it dehydrates you.
- Maintain a healthy diet throughout the trip.
- Diamox, the most effective medicine for altitude sickness, should be brought along on the hike.
- Don't hurry when hiking to a high altitude. You ought to walk carefully and slowly.
- Before hiking at an elevation of more than 3,000 meters, acclimate appropriately.
- If your body reveals any symptoms of altitude sickness, you must either stop immediately or lower some elevation.
- Keeping yourself clean may also help you avoid altitude sickness.
Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek Packing List
The following is a short list of essentials to remember to bring on your Gokyo Valley Trek via Renjo La Pass:
- Sunglasses, sun hat, woolen cap, or balaclava
- Inner and outer gloves
- Towel, flip-flop or rubber sandal, toiletries
- Rucksack or daypack (30 liters) with a waterproof cover
- Trekking pants and waterproof trousers
- T-shirts or shirts
- Down Jacket
- Wind/ waterproof light jacket
- Fleece jumper or jacket
- Headlamp, power bank, and extra batteries
- Sun protection cream, wet wipes, and hand sanitizer
- Inner Thermal (top and trousers)
- Socks and underwear
- Water bottles and water purification tablets
- Sleeping bag liner
Here are some more items to consider adding to your packing list: Recommended Packing List for Nepal Trekking
Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek Safety Majors
We make sure that our customers are secure and protected while on Gokyo Valley Treks via Gokyo Ri. The reputable company Green Valley Nepal Treks follows the following safety precautions:
- The trek leaders and guides can ensure your comfort, safety, and security as they have years of experience leading treks.
- We provide each and every one of our guides with wilderness first aid training.
- Throughout the walk, our leader will encourage and inspire you.
- We evaluate the cleanliness of the meals and housing in hiking destinations.
- We have every piece of equipment, gear, and first aid kit that might require during the trek.
- Our trek leaders have the right to either cancel or continue the trip if someone feels sick from the altitude.
Gokyo Valley Circuit Trek 13 Days Booking Procedure
Government-approved trek and tour operator company, Green Valley Nepal Treks has been offering these services for over ten years in Nepal. Both the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) and the Trekking Agency Association of Nepal (TAAN) recognize us as members. As a result, you may confidently reserve a Gokyo Valley Circuit Trekking Package. To reserve a trip, we need a deposit equal to 10% of the total cost. Within a week of making your reservation, please email us copies of essential papers you may have, such as your passport, passport-size photos, travel insurance, and arrival and departure flight information. You may make a payment on our website via bank transfer, western union, or online. You have three payment options when you land in Nepal: cash, bank transfer, and credit card. For your convenience, we will also email you payment information, including the method of payment and the total amount.