One of the most recently well-liked adventure destinations in central-Western Nepal is Saribung Peak Climbing, which stands at 6328 meters above sea level. North-east of Lo-Manthang, close to the border between Nepal and Tibet, is Saribung Peak. With this adventure, you will get a fantastic chance to discover the distinctive Tibetan plateau of the Himalayas and the settlements that lie beyond Lo-Mangtang Mountain. Saribung Peak Climbing Route is famous for being a portion of the old trade route that ran from the Tibetan plateau in China to southern India. It is also a portion of the renowned Silk Road as well.
Saribung Peak is a relatively young peak that first became climbable in 2006. Since then, adventurers from all over the world have been traveling to it. Saribung Peak Climbing provides the ideal fusion of adventure, wilderness, and cultural exploration. Mount Dhaulagiri (8167m), the seventh-highest peak in the world, is located in the area, which is a part of the Annapurna Conservation Area of Nepal. Several peaks over 6000 meters high may be found in this region, including the highest pass in the world, Thorong La Pass (5416m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Nilgiri South (6839m), Yakwakang Peak (6462m), and Damodar Himal (6004m).
No prior mountaineering expertise is necessary for the Saribung Peak Climbing excursion, but it is physically exhausting since you must ascend the steep, icy routes while passing over the Saribung La pass at a height of 5600 meters. The journey to the different breathtaking vistas of the Land beyond the Mountains is a part of the experience of climbing a Himalayan peak. The traditional ways of the people in the Mustang and Nar Phu Villages, the dry and mountainous landscapes, the blue Damodar Kunda, and the magnificent views of the Tibetan Plateau are all unique aspects of the Saribung Peak Climbing Itinerary.
Kathmandu is the starting point for the 24 Days Saribung Peak Climbing Itinerary. You will drive to Pokhara after spending a full day sightseeing in Kathmandu. As you travel along the winding roads, you will see how the locals get by day to day. You will fly over beautiful mountain scenery from Pokhara to Jomsom. Following the path that leads north towards Kagbeni, you will begin your journey of Saribung Peak after landing safely at Jomsom's airstrip. On its direction to Lo Manthang, the path travels through a variety of landscapes, via a number of settlements and historic gompas. After a full day of touring in Lo Manthang, you will continue traveling via the villages of Yara and Ghuma Thanti before arriving at Saribung Base Camp.
It takes strong physical condition, technical expertise, and acclimatization to climb from Saribung Base Camp to the summit. The peak has two summits, with the main summit requiring a challenging ridge crossing that necessitates the use of ropes and other climbing equipment. While the climb is strenuous, the breathtaking vistas of the Mustang valley, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and other peaks make it worthwhile. You will descend to Phedi High Camp after reaching the summit, then to Phu, Meta, Koto, Dharapani, and ultimately Kathmandu, where the Saribung Peak Climbing Itinerary comes to a completion.
Besides the adventure and physical challenge, Saribung Peak climbing also offers an opportunity to explore the unique culture and lifestyle of the Mustang region. The region has a distinct Tibetan culture and is known for its ancient monasteries, chortens, and traditional festivals. The Upper Mustang region was closed to outsiders until 1992, and even today, it requires a special permit to enter. Therefore, climbing Saribung Peak is not only an adventure but also a cultural journey.
Saribung Peak climbing can be done throughout the year, but the best time is during the spring and autumn seasons when the weather is stable and clear. The trek to Saribung Peak Base Camp can take up to 14 days, depending on the itinerary and the route taken. The climb to the summit can take an additional 5-7 days, depending on the weather conditions and the climbers' acclimatization.
If you are an adventure enthusiast looking for a new challenge, Saribung Peak Climbing is an experience that should not be missed. We at Green Valley Nepal Treks and Research Hub are pleased to present our well-planned Saribung Peak Climbing Detailed Itinerary, which will give you an experience of a lifetime. Booking is now available for 2023 and 2024. Based on your time, budget, and endurance, we are willing to modify this package to meet your requirements. For more questions regarding the Saribung Peak Climbing Package Cost, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Benefits of Booking Saribung Peak Climbing with us
- International and Domestic Airport Pickup And Drop off service
- Green Valley Nepal Trek Duffle Bag
- Green Valley Nepal Trek T-Shirt
- Free Saribung Peak Climbing Route Map
- An Oximeter to Check Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels.
- Medical Kits - Which May Be Necessary In Certain Cases.
- Free Excess Luggage Storing At Green Valley Nepal Store During The Trek
What You Can Expect from Saribung Peak Climbing?
Saribung Peak Climbing is an adventure of a lifetime that offers a unique blend of adventure, culture, and wilderness. If you are planning to climb this peak, here are some things you can expect:
- The trek to Saribung Peak Base Camp offers some of the most stunning views of the Himalayan mountain ranges. You can expect to witness snow-capped peaks, glaciers, and high mountain passes that will take your breath away.
- Climbing Saribung Peak involves technical climbing skills, such as using ropes, crampons, and ice axes. The climb to the summit requires a good level of physical fitness, acclimatization, and mountaineering experience.
- The Mustang region has a distinct Tibetan culture, and climbing Saribung Peak offers an opportunity to explore this unique culture. You can expect to visit ancient monasteries, chortens, and traditional villages that have remained untouched for centuries.
- The trek to Saribung Peak involves crossing several high mountains passes, steep ascents, and descents. You can expect to trek through rough terrain, rocky ridges, and glacier crossings that require caution and endurance.
- The weather in the Himalayas is unpredictable and can change quickly. You can expect to experience extreme weather conditions, such as snow, hail, and strong winds. It is essential to plan and prepare for the weather accordingly.
- Saribung Peak stands at an elevation of 6,328 meters, and climbing to the summit involves crossing high mountain passes and climbing steep ridges. You can expect to experience the effects of high altitudes, such as shortness of breath, headaches, and fatigue.
- The Mustang region is a remote area with limited facilities, such as lodges, teahouses, and medical facilities. You can expect to camp in tents and carry your own food and equipment.
Is Saribung Peak Climbing Suitable For You?
Saribung Peak Climbing is a challenging adventure that requires a good level of physical fitness, technical climbing skills, and experience. Before deciding to undertake this adventure, you should consider the following factors to determine if it is suitable for you:
- Saribung Peak stands at an elevation of 6,328 meters, and climbing to the summit involves crossing high mountain passes and climbing steep ridges. You should have prior experience trekking at high altitudes and be familiar with the symptoms of altitude sickness, such as headaches, nausea, and fatigue.
- Climbing Saribung Peak involves technical climbing skills, such as using ropes, crampons, and ice axes. You should have prior experience in technical climbing and be comfortable with using the necessary equipment.
- The Mustang region has a distinct Tibetan culture, and climbing Saribung Peak offers an opportunity to explore this unique culture. You should be respectful of the local customs and traditions and be willing to learn and interact with the local people.
- The weather in the Himalayas is unpredictable and can change quickly. You should be prepared for extreme weather conditions, such as snow, hail, and strong winds.
- The Mustang region is a remote area with limited facilities, such as lodges, teahouses, and medical facilities. You should be comfortable with camping in tents and carrying your own food and equipment.
Preparation for Saribung Peak Climbing
Preparing for Saribung Peak Climbing requires careful planning and preparation to ensure a safe and successful climb. Here are some key areas to focus on when preparing for the climb:
- Saribung Peak Climbing involves strenuous physical activity, such as trekking, climbing, and carrying heavy loads. You should engage in regular exercise and focus on building your strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness. Activities such as hiking, running, and strength training can help prepare your body for the climb.
- Climbing Saribung Peak requires technical mountaineering skills, such as using ropes, crampons, and ice axes. You should have prior mountaineering experience and knowledge of basic mountaineering techniques, such as belaying, rappelling, and glacier travel. Enrolling in a mountaineering course or hiring a professional guide can help you develop these skills.
- Saribung Peak stands at an elevation of 6,328 meters, and climbing to the summit involves crossing high mountain passes and steep ridges. You should acclimatize properly to high altitude and be aware of the symptoms of altitude sickness, such as headaches, nausea, and fatigue. It is recommended to spend several days at a high altitude before attempting the climb.
- Saribung Peak Climbing requires specialized equipment and gear, such as climbing ropes, crampons, ice axes, and high-altitude clothing. It is essential to ensure that your equipment and gear are in good condition and meet the necessary safety standards.
- The weather in the Himalayas is unpredictable, and you should be prepared for extreme weather conditions, such as snow, hail, and strong winds. You should also be prepared to navigate challenging terrains, such as rocky ridges and glacier crossings.
- Climbing Saribung Peak is a mentally challenging adventure that requires determination, patience, and perseverance. You should be mentally prepared to face the physical and emotional challenges of the climb and be able to make quick decisions in unpredictable situations.
Saribung Peak Climbing Cost 2023 and 2024
Green Valley Nepal Treks offers the Saribung Peak Climbing Package Cost based on group size. Please flow for the group price details:
|No. of Pax||Starting Price||Inquiry|
Note: If you want to discuss Saribung Peak Climbing Package Itinerary and Cost, feel free to Contact or WhatsApp us. We are available 24x7 for you.