Overview of the Lower Dolpo Trek:
On the western slopes of Nepal, the Lower Dolpo Trek offers a fantastic trekking experience. Lower Dolpo Region, which lies away from the bustle of the towns, is regarded as one of Nepal's hidden jewels. The Lower Dolpo Trek will provide you with an off-the-beaten-path trekking adventure and lead you to the serene Shey Phoksundo Lake at a height of 3611 meters above sea level. One of Nepal's most stunning lakes is the blue Shey Phoksundo. This lake is situated on the border of Shey-Phoksundo National Park, which is the biggest national park in Nepal. This park is encircled by tall hills, with Mt. Kanjiroba in the distance.
The traditions and culture of Tibet have a significant impact on the entire Lower Dolpo Region. You will encounter pre-Buddhist Bon Po and Chaiba civilizations on the Lower Dolpo Trek. Every year, hundreds of pilgrims travel from all over the world to attend a number of festivals and festivities held near the lake. You will get to encounter a highly varied culture, set of values, and worldview. The Annapurna range (8,091 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Api (7,132 m), Mt. Nilgiri, Kagmara Ri (5,115 m), and other neighboring snow-capped summits may all be seen during Lower Dolpo Trek. Lower Dolpo Trekking will provide you with breathtaking views of a snow-capped peak in addition to mind-blowing arid alpine scenery.
Lower Dolpo Trek has been accessible to hikers since 1991 and is one of the most challenging treks in Nepal. On the north side of the Himalayas, behind the Dhaulagiri peak, is where you will find the Lower Dolpo. The finest months to embark on a Lower Dolpo Trek are from the start of August to the end of October and from early March to early May. Views of the countryside will be very clear. The entire area also had a wildflower bloom, and the Himalayan Mountains' fresh, chilly air can be felt in the air. You can trek in Lower Dolpo during the monsoon because it is a region of Nepal that experiences less rain.
A challenging trek in Nepal's western area is the Lower Dolpo Trek. You will experience traveling off the beaten path on the trail. A typical day would involve six to seven hours of walking and two pass crossings. Strong physical stamina and overall health are necessary for all of these. To embark on Lower Dolpo Trekking, you don't necessarily need to have any prior trekking experience, unless you are very committed to finishing the adventure. Today, Lower Dolpo Trekking Itinerary is quite famous due to its natural manifestation of high passes, unusual flora and fauna, stunning landscape, a lake, remote Buddhist monasteries, and traditional Tibetan culture. From 1650 meters to 5136 meters above sea level, the Lower Dolpa Trekking Route runs.
Beginning with a picturesque flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and then to Juphal, the 18 Days Lower Dolpo Trek Itinerary begins. You will start your walk from Juphal and go towards Dunai via terraced farms and small gorges while taking in breathtaking views of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m) and Mt. Annapurna (8091m). Your Lower Dolpo Trek will rise into Dho Tarap village through Tarakot, Laini, Nawarpani, and a number of other picturesque villages after leaving Juphal behind. You will take a day off to acclimatize in Dho Tarap and wander about the community. In addition, Lower Dolpo Trekking Trail will traverse the difficult Numa La Pass (5,190 m) and Baga La Pass (5,070 m) before arriving at the lovely Ringmo settlement. The next day, you will climb Phoksundo Lake, the most appealing destination along the Lower Dolpo Trek. You will travel down to Shyanta village after spending a day here. Your Lower Dolpo Trek Itinerary comes to an end when the trek returns you to Juphal, where you may board a flight to Nepalgunj and then another to Kathmandu.
We at Green Valley Nepal Treks and Research Hub are pleased to present our well-planned Lower Dolpo Trek Detailed Itinerary, which will give you an experience of a lifetime. Booking is now available for 2023 and 2024. Based on your time, budget, and endurance, we are willing to modify this package to meet your requirements. For more questions regarding the Lower Dolpo Trekking Package Cost, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Benefits of Booking Lower Dolpo Trek with us
- International and Domestic Airport Pickup And Drop off service
- Green Valley Nepal Trek Duffle Bag
- Green Valley Nepal Trek T-Shirt
- Free Lower Dolpo Trek Map
- An Oximeter to Check Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels.
- Medical Kits - Which May Be Necessary In Certain Cases.
- Free Excess Luggage Storing At Green Valley Nepal Store During The Trek
What You Can Expect from Lower Dolpo Trek?
The Lower Dolpo trek offers a unique and remote experience through the remote and less visited areas of the Dolpo region in Nepal. You can expect to see:
- The trek takes you through high passes, pristine valleys, and remote mountain villages surrounded by high peaks.
- The trek offers a chance to see rare species of animals such as blue sheep, Himalayan tahr, and snow leopards.
- You will get to interact with the indigenous people of Dolpo, the Dolpo-pas, who have a rich and unique culture, including their own language, beliefs, and way of life.
- The trek is considered strenuous due to the high altitude, rugged terrain, and unpredictable weather conditions.
- Lower Dolpo is home to several ancient Buddhist monasteries, including Shey Gompa, which is one of the largest and most important monasteries in the region.
- The trek also offers opportunities for meditation and spiritual reflection amidst the peaceful and serene environment of Dolpo.
Overall, the Lower Dolpo trek is an adventure for those seeking a remote, challenging, and culturally rich experience in the mountains of Nepal.
Is Lower Dolpo Trek Suitable For You?
The Lower Dolpo Trek is a challenging trek, and suitable for people with a good level of fitness and a love for adventure. To determine if the trek is suitable for you, consider the following factors:
- The trek involves long days of walking and high altitude, so you need to be in good physical shape and have experience in long-distance hiking.
- The trek is demanding both physically and mentally, and you need to be prepared for the long days of walking and the isolation that comes with trekking in a remote area.
- The trek takes you to high altitudes, and you need to be prepared for the symptoms of altitude sickness, such as headaches, nausea, and shortness of breath.
- The Lower Dolpo Trek is a remote trek, and it's essential to be prepared for the lack of facilities and services along the way.
- The Lower Dolpo Trek is a relatively expensive trek, and you need to be prepared for the costs of permits, guides, and equipment.
- The trek takes place in the rainy season, and you need to be prepared for the rain, cold, and wind.
- If you have limited experience in trekking or high-altitude hiking, it's a good idea to consider a shorter or less challenging trek before attempting the Lower Dolpo Trek.
- Make sure you have adequate travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, medical expenses, and other potential risks.
If you are confident in your physical fitness and are prepared for the challenges of the trek, the Lower Dolpo Trek can be an incredibly rewarding experience. However, if you have any medical conditions or concerns, it's best to consult a doctor before embarking on the trek.
Preparation for Lower Dolpo Trek
Preparation is an essential part of making the Lower Dolpo Trek a successful and enjoyable experience. Here are some steps you can take to prepare:
- Physical training: Start a regular fitness routine several months before the trek, including cardio and strength training exercises, to improve your endurance and reduce the risk of injury.
- Acclimate to high altitude: If possible, spend time at high altitudes before the trek to get used to the thin air and reduce the risk of altitude sickness.
- Get gear and equipment: Invest in quality gear and equipment, including good-quality hiking boots, warm clothing, and a reliable backpack. Rent or purchase any gear that you don't already own.
- Obtain necessary permits: Obtain the necessary permits and visas for the trek, which are required to enter the restricted areas of the Dolpo region.
- Research the trek: Familiarize yourself with the route, the cultural and natural attractions along the way, and the challenges and risks associated with the trek.
- Hire a guide: If you are not experienced in high-altitude trekking, consider hiring a local guide who can provide support, information, and assistance along the way.
- Pack appropriately: Pack wisely, focusing on lightweight, high-energy food and snacks, a first-aid kit, and water purification tablets.
Lower Dolpo Trek Cost 2023 And 2024
Lower Dolpo Trek costs start at USD 2200 and might reach up to USD 2275 per person.
Green Valley Nepal Treks offers the 18-Day Lower Dolpo Trek Cost based on group size. Please follow the below table for the group price details:
|No. of Pax||Starting Price||Action|
|2||USD 2275 per person||Book Now|
|3||USD 2240 per person||Book Now|
|4||USD 2200 per person||Book Now|