The Tsum Valley Trek is a unique and challenging experience that offers trekkers a chance to explore the hidden wonders of the Himalayas. Settled in the remote corners of the Himalayas, Tsum Valley is a hidden gem in Nepal. The valley is known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning landscapes, and serene environment. It is the perfect destination for trekkers seeking to escape the crowds and immerse themselves in the peace and tranquility of nature.
Tsum Valley is located in the Gorkha district of Nepal and is bordered by the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, and Boudha Himal ranges. The valley is named after the Tibetan word ‘Tsum’, which means vivid. The name is fitting as the valley is famous for its vibrant culture, colorful landscape, and abundant natural beauty. One of the most appealing aspects of the Tsum Valley Trek is its cultural significance. The valley is home to a thriving Tibetan Buddhist community that has maintained its unique customs and traditions for centuries. Trekkers can visit the ancient monasteries, interact with the friendly locals, and learn about their rich cultural heritage.
Another highlight of the Tsum Valley Trek is the opportunity to experience the natural beauty of the region. The trek takes trekkers through lush forests, high mountain passes, and rolling hills that are dotted with traditional villages. Trekkers can spot various species of wildlife, including the Himalayan black bear and the Himalayan tahr, as well as a variety of bird species. The Tsum Valley Trek is a moderate to challenging trek that requires a good level of physical fitness and endurance. The trek can be completed in 14 to 16 days and is best done from September to November or from March to May. It is important to be well-prepared for the trek, as the weather can be unpredictable and the terrain can be challenging at times.
Your 15 Days Tsum Valley Trek Itinerary will begin with a beautiful journey from Kathmandu to Soti Khola. You will travel through several towns and woodlands full of rhododendron and pine trees as you follow the Budhi Gandaki River upstream in the north. You will travel to Machha Khola and subsequently Jagat from Soti Khola. You will go from Jagat in the direction of Lokpa, which is the Tsum valley's entrance. Your Tsum Valley Trekking Route will take you from Lokpa further north to Chumling, the location of three renowned monasteries, including Pango Gumba, Gurwa Gumba, and Mani Dhungyr. Wonderful views of Manaslu (8163m), Himal Chuli (7893m), and Ganesh Himal may also be obtained from this settlement. You will depart Chumling, which is also known as lower Tsum, the next day and travel via Domje village, the biggest in the Tsum valley, to Chhokangparo, which is known as upper Tsum.
Subtropical forests provide a place for high mountain deserts as the routes gradually climb higher. With the help of the Tsum Valley Trek Map, you will head north from Chhokangparo, via the Milarepa Prien Phu Cave, then Phurbe, till you reach the Nile. Your next stop will be Mu Gompa, the northernmost point of the Tsum Valley Trek, which you will reach after spending the night at the Nile. The caves in the Tsum Valley Mountains are thought to have served as a place of meditation for the Buddhist Guru Milarepa. It is time to head back after arriving at Mu Gompa. To go to Rachen Gompa from Phurbe, you will follow a slightly different route. You will begin your journey from Rachen Gompa and proceed south until you reach Domje, where you will turn left to get to Chumling. You will return to Jagat via Lokpa after leaving Chumling. After staying the night in Jagat, you will move on to Lapu Bensi and then Soti Khola, where your Tsum Valley Trek Itinerary will come to a conclusion with a local bus ride back to Kathmandu.
We at Green Valley Nepal Treks and Research Hub are pleased to present our well-planned Tsum Valley Trek Detailed Itinerary, which will give you an experience of a lifetime. Booking is now available for 2023 and 2024. Based on your time, budget, and endurance, we are willing to modify this package to meet your requirements. For more questions regarding the Tsum Valley Trek Package Cost, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Benefits of Booking Tsum Valley Trek with us
- International and Domestic Airport Pickup And Drop off service
- Green Valley Nepal Trek Duffle Bag
- Green Valley Nepal Trek T-Shirt
- Free Tsum Valley Trek Map
- An Oximeter to Check Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels.
- Medical Kits - Which May Be Necessary In Certain Cases.
- Free Excess Luggage Storing At Green Valley Nepal Store During The Trek
What You Can Expect from Tsum Valley Trek?
The Tsum Valley Trek offers trekkers a unique and memorable experience, with the following highlights:
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the towering peaks that surround the valley, including the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, and Boudha Himal ranges.
- Explore the ancient monasteries and traditional villages in the valley, and learn about the local Tibetan Buddhist culture.
- Escape the crowds and immerse yourself in the peace and tranquility of nature, surrounded by lush forests and rolling hills.
- Spot various species of wildlife, including the Himalayan black bear and the Himalayan tahr, as well as a variety of bird species.
- The Tsum Valley Trek is a moderate to challenging trek that requires a good level of physical and mental fitness and endurance.
- The valley is a hidden gem in Nepal that is waiting to be discovered by adventurous trekkers, offering a truly unique experience.
Is Tsum Valley Trek Suitable For You?
The Tsum Valley Trek is suitable for individuals who:
- Enjoy physically challenging activities - The trek requires a good level of physical fitness and endurance.
- Love the outdoors - The trek takes trekkers through lush forests, high mountain passes, and rolling hills, offering a chance to escape the crowds and immerse themselves in nature.
- Appreciate culture and heritage - The valley is rich in cultural heritage, with a thriving Tibetan Buddhist community and ancient monasteries waiting to be explored.
- Seek a unique and off-the-beaten-path experience - The valley is a hidden gem in Nepal, offering a truly unique experience for adventurous trekkers.
- Appreciate natural beauty - The trek takes you through lush forests, rolling hills, and high mountain passes, offering stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Prefer a peaceful environment - The valley is serene and peaceful, offering a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
If you meet these criteria, the Tsum Valley Trek is likely a good fit for you. However, it is important to be well-prepared for the trek, as the weather can be unpredictable and the terrain can be challenging at times.
Preparation for Tsum Valley Trek
Preparation is key to having a successful and enjoyable Tsum Valley Trek. Here are some important things to consider when preparing for the trek:
- Prepare your body for the physical demands of the trek by engaging in regular exercise and physical activity.
- Make sure you have all the necessary gear and equipment for the trek, including proper clothing, hiking boots, a backpack, a sleeping bag, and a first aid kit.
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance that covers you for medical expenses, evacuation, and other related costs.
- Obtain the necessary permits from the Nepalese government to enter the Tsum Valley.
- Allow your body to acclimate to the high altitude by spending a few days in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
- Consider hiring a guide for the trek, as they will be able to provide valuable information about the local culture and environment, as well as help navigate the trail.
- Pack only essential items, as you will be carrying your own gear and supplies for the duration of the trek.
By preparing properly, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable Tsum Valley Trek.
Tsum Valley Trek Cost 2023 and 2024
Green Valley Nepal Treks offers the Tsum Valley Trek Cost based on group size. Please flow for the group price details:
|No. of Pax||Starting Price||Action|
|1||USD 1095||Book Now|
|2 to 5||USD 900||Book Now|
|6 to 10||USD 850||Book Now|