One of the top hiking trails around the Kathmandu Valley is the Nagarjuna Jamcho Day Hike. Those who wish to experience nature but just have a short vacation time might choose hiking in Nagarjun. If the weather is excellent, hiking to the Nargarjun provides a stunning perspective of both the city and the Langtang Himalayan range. Jamacho Gumba, another highlight of the Nagarjun Day Hiking, is located at the summit of Nagarjun Hill at an elevation of 2150 meters above sea level.
The extraordinary preservation of the birds, fauna, and greenery in Nagarjun allows for a relaxing stroll. During Nagarjun Day Hike you will get amazing views of the Kathmandu Valley, including Swayambhu and the Nuwakot area. In addition to being a favorite area for meditation, the Royal family's former summer residence also serves as a museum, enhancing the location's historical value. The Nagarjun Day Hiking trail travels through a thick forest rich in common flora including oak, bamboo, rhododendron, and pine. On the approach to Nagarjun Hill, there are a number of holes that you can observe that were made by wild pigs in a quest for food. They often consume insects found inside of lands. The prayer flags along the route are colorful and lovely to look at.
While on the hike to Nagarjun Hill, you might not spot any animals, although this area is home to various mammal species, including the Rhesus monkey, leopard, and Himalayan black bear. This park is home to 102 species of butterflies, about 9 endangered species, and 177 species of birds, many of which are uncommon or endangered. A modest observation tower at the monastery, where one can enjoy a pleasant view around-the-clock, is very attractive. You will experience an incredible amount of freshness here. Your best option for a day hike in Kathmandu may be the Nagarjun Jamacho Day Hike.
After a 20-minute drive to the gate of Nagarjun, which is located just a little distance up the Balaju bypass, the Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike will begin. This enjoyable journey takes 2 to 3 hours to complete uphill on well-maintained trails, where you could encounter many other hikers. A nature enthusiast would undoubtedly be interested in different bird species and forest plants. The majority of the stone stairway on the Nagarjun Day Hike route makes up for the high terrain. The route is somewhat shielded from the sun by trees. Nearly two-thirds of the way up, there is a small grassy clearing to the south where one can see the distant tower above the hill.
In the final stretch to Jamacho Peak (6300 feet), the ascent is moderately steep for the first half before getting more difficult. The area is decorated with prayer flags, butter lamps, and small stupas. Unless you are fortunate enough to catch recent rain, the view of Kathmandu is typically cloudy the majority of the time. Views of the Manaslu, Langtang, Ganesh, and other mountains may be seen to the north. After a successful conclusion to your Nagarjun Day Hike, you will hike back down the same path and drive back to Thamel.
We at Green Valley Nepal Treks and Research Hub are pleased to present our well-planned Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike Detailed Itinerary, which will give you an experience of a lifetime. Booking is now available for 2024 and 2025. Based on your time, budget, and endurance, we are willing to modify this package to meet your requirements. For more questions regarding the Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike Package Cost, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Benefits of Booking Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike with us
- Hotel Pickup And Drop off service
- Green Valley Nepal Trek T-Shirt
- Free Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike Route Map
- Medical Kits - Which May Be Necessary In Certain Cases.
- Free Excess Luggage Storing At Green Valley Nepal Store During The Trek
What You Can Expect from Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike?
- A short trip called the Nagarjun Day Hike offers a nature stroll, a Himalayan vista, a bird's-eye view of the Kathmandu Valley, a Buddhist monastery called Gumba, and caves.
- This hike is located in a quiet, remote region where you may enjoy the scenery, watch birds, and possibly get a glimpse of some creatures.
- The Nagarjuna Hill Hike is the ideal approach to take in the entire Kathmandu Valley, as well as the Monkey Temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square, White Gumba, and mountain ranges to the north.
- The hill, which has a viewing tower, offers a stunning panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley in addition to distant views of the Langtang mountain range, Jugal, Ganesh, and other mountains.
- It is renowned for hosting the cave where the well-known Buddhist saint Nagarjuna meditated and is also known as Jamacho in the local language.
- Nagarjun Hill is located inside the Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park. Along the route, you could get a chance to spot deer, monkeys, and pheasants.
- At the top of the hill, there is a Buddhist Gompa where you may see and learn about Buddhist rituals for meditation and prayer. From the observation tower built on the summit, one can view the Annapurnas all the way to Langtang Lirung.
Is Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike Suitable For You?
The least difficult and shortest hike is this one. Additionally, it is quick and easy to complete. The five-hour climb takes place in a forested area close to the Kathmandu Valley. Additionally, anyone of any age can complete this, and there is no need for rigorous training before the trek. As a result, hikers with average fitness levels may do this hike very quickly.
Preparation for Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike
There are certain limitations on the hike because it goes through Shivapuri National Park. You are not permitted to bring certain instruments on your hike. Speakers, matchboxes, lighters, knives, and other flammable items are prohibited from being carried. On the other side, you are not permitted to produce any unnecessary noise that annoys the locals.
A confirmation email will be issued to you when you make a reservation for the Nagarjun Day Hiking Trip. In the event of bad weather or excessive traffic, the tour itinerary is subject to change without prior notice. Winter travelers are encouraged to bring warm clothes. Travelers who have back problems, heart problems, or any other serious medical conditions shouldn't make this trip, nor should pregnant women. This tour is private, so only your group will participate. When hiking, remember to properly hydrate to avoid becoming dehydrated. Additionally, it is advised that travelers have a moderate level of physical fitness.
Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike Cost 2024 and 2025
The cost of the Nagarjun Day Hike starts from US$ 70 per person. If you are traveling in a group then you will also get a group discount from us. Green Valley Nepal Treks offers the Nagarjun Jamcho Day Hike Package Cost based on group size. Please flow for the group price details:
|No. of Pax
|USD 70 per person
|3 to 5
|USD 60 per person
|6 ro 10
|USD 50 per person