Our 21 Days Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC Itinerary offers the ideal balance of nature and adventure in one trip, and it is something you do not want to miss. In 1952, a group led by Eric Shipton on an expedition made the initial discovery of The Island Peak, also known as Imja Tse. This package is ideal for adventure seekers who want to complete a difficult trek in Nepal and have the possibility to climb a mountain peak all in one trip. An arduous hike with the climb is Island Peak Climbing with Gokyo and Everest Base Camp. No prior climbing or high-altitude experience is necessary if you are in good physical condition to take part in this spectacular excursion. But, at least two months before the excursion, it is advised that you get in some trekking and exercise.
You will explore Gokyo Valley first on your Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC adventure and then trek to Everest Base Camp, which will give you enough time to acclimatize before climbing Island Peak (6189m). You may get incredible up-close views of Himalayan peaks like Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu, and others by ascending to Gokyo Ri (5360m), Cho La Pass (5420m), Kala Patthar (5550m), and Everest Base Camp (5364m) before climbing to the top of the Island peak. The Island Peak Climbing with Gokyo and EBC route provides the finest hiking path in addition to the appeal of a more tranquil approach and a circular route that prevents backtracking.
The strenuous Island Peak Climb via Gokyo and EBC offers panoramic views of the whole Khumbu region from Island Peak's summit. Without a doubt, the Himalayan peaks have attracted travelers, climbers, and lovers of culture to this area for many years. The most well-liked hiking peak in Nepal is Island Peak since it is appropriate for both inexperienced and seasoned hikers/climbers. A thrilling experience beyond merely trekking to Everest Base Camp (5364m) is provided by Island Peak Climbing with Gokyo and EBC. You will reach the peak of a mountain that rises to a height of 6,189m by ascending the Island Peak. Approximately the same extraordinary sensation of success will be experienced similar to reaching the summit of Everest.
After a sightseeing tour of the Kathmandu Valley, Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo Lakes and EBC will start with an exhilarating domestic flight that arrives on a small airstrip in Lukla. You will go toward Phakding when you meet up with our staff in Lukla. As you approach Sagarmatha National Park and the well-known Sherpa settlement of Namche Bazar, where you will stay two nights to acclimate to the high altitude, you will cross the Dudh Koshi River multiple times across suspension bridges and stroll through rhododendron woods. You will depart the main Everest trek on your Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo Lakes and EBC route and ascend past the communities of Dole and Machhermo before arriving in Gokyo Valley. You will spend an acclimatization day in the Gokyo Valley and trek to the fourth and fifth lakes and the summit of Gokyo Ri for breathtaking vistas of 8000-meter peaks including Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and Mt. Everest.
Your path to Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC will travel via the high-altitude Cho La Pass and begin the Everest Base Camp Trek together with Kala Patthar in the next several days after leaving the Gokyo valley. As soon as you enter the base camp of the world's highest mountain, a sense of inner fulfillment and success overtakes you. You would want to treasure the expansive vistas of the Everest Mountain range from Kala Patthar. After leaving Kala Patthar, proceed in the direction of Island Peak Base Camp, where you will receive training on the proper climbing methods to use the next day for scaling Island Peak. You will have your boots, ropes, and flashlight ready early in the morning to begin ascending the magnificent Island peak. After reaching the summit, you will walk all the way down to Lukla before taking a flight back to Kathmandu, bringing your Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC Itinerary to a successful conclusion.
If you are ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime and climb Island Peak, now is the time to book your trip. Green Valley Nepal Treks offers Island Peak Climbing with Gokyo and EBC Package at a reasonable cost for 2023 and 2024. Our experienced guides will ensure a safe and successful climb while providing you with a unique cultural experience in the Khumbu region. Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to reach the top of the Mera Peak and immerse yourself in the local culture. Contact Green Valley Nepal Treks today to book your 21 Days Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo Valley and EBC package.
Benefits of Booking Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC with us
- International and Domestic Airport Pickup And Drop off service
- Green Valley Nepal Trek Duffle Bag
- Green Valley Nepal Trek T-Shirt
- Free Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC Route Map
- An Oximeter to Check Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels.
- Medical Kits - Which May Be Necessary In Certain Cases.
- Free Excess Luggage Storing At Green Valley Nepal Store During The Trek
What You Can Expect from Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC?
Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC is a challenging and rewarding adventure that combines the popular Everest Base Camp Trek and the Island Peak climb in the Khumbu region of Nepal. Here are some things you can expect from this climb:
- The trek to Island Peak via Gokyo and EBC offers stunning views of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu.
- You will be trekking at high altitudes, with the highest point being the summit of Island Peak at 6,189 meters. This requires a good level of physical fitness and acclimatization to the altitude.
- Island Peak is considered a relatively easy peak to climb, but it still requires some technical climbing skills such as using ropes and crampons. A climbing guide will accompany you to ensure your safety and success in reaching the summit.
- You will have the opportunity to experience the unique culture and traditions of the Sherpa people who inhabit the region, including visiting monasteries and learning about their way of life.
- You will stay in teahouses along the way, which are basic but comfortable lodges that provide meals and a place to sleep.
- The trek to Island Peak via Gokyo and EBC takes you through the picturesque Gokyo Valley, where you will see a series of turquoise-colored lakes that are considered some of the most beautiful in the world.
- Climbing a mountain is a challenging task that requires physical and mental strength, as well as support and encouragement from others. During the Island Peak climb, you will be part of a team and will have the opportunity to make lasting friendships and bond with your fellow climbers.
Is Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC Suitable For You?
To determine whether Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC are suitable for you or not. Here are some factors to consider when deciding if this adventure is right for you:
- Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC requires a good level of physical fitness and endurance, as you will be trekking at high altitudes and climbing a peak. It is recommended that you engage in regular exercise and train for several months before embarking on this adventure.
- Trekking and climbing at high altitudes can increase the risk of altitude sickness. It is important to acclimatize properly by taking rest days, drinking plenty of water, and following a gradual ascent to allow your body to adjust to the altitude.
- While Island Peak is considered a relatively easy peak to climb, it still requires some technical climbing skills, such as using ropes and crampons.
- Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC can be an expensive adventure, as it requires permits, equipment, and guides. It is important to factor in the cost when deciding if this adventure is right for you.
- Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC is a challenging adventure that requires dedication and determination. It is important to consider if this type of adventure aligns with your personal preferences and goals.
Preparation for Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC
Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC is a challenging adventure that requires a proper preparation. Here are some tips to help you prepare for this climb:
- The climb to Island Peak requires a good level of physical fitness and endurance. You should engage in regular exercise, including cardiovascular workouts, strength training, and hiking or climbing several months before your trip.
- Trekking and climbing at high altitudes can increase the risk of altitude sickness. It is important to acclimate properly by taking rest days, drinking plenty of water, and following a gradual ascent to allow your body to adjust to the altitude.
- You will need appropriate clothing and equipment for trekking and climbing, including warm layers, waterproof clothing, sturdy hiking boots, and climbing gear such as ropes and crampons. It is important to invest in high-quality gear that will keep you comfortable and safe during your climb.
- It is recommended that you hire a climbing guide who is familiar with the region and can provide support and guidance throughout your climb.
- If you don't have previous climbing experience, it is recommended that you take a mountaineering course to learn the necessary skills, including using ropes and crampons. If you have previous climbing experience, it is still important to practice your skills before embarking on this climb.
- Your diet can play a significant role in your physical performance and energy levels. It is recommended that you eat a balanced diet with plenty of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats, and stay hydrated throughout your journey.
- The weather in the Khumbu region can be unpredictable, with temperatures ranging from below-freezing to hot and humid. It is important to bring appropriate clothing and gear for a variety of weather conditions.
Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC Cost 2023 and 2024
Green Valley Nepal Treks offers the Island Peak Climbing via Gokyo and EBC Package Cost based on group size. Please flow for the group price details:
|No. of Pax||Cost Starting from||Inquiry|
|1 to 3||USD 2200 per person||SEND INQUIRY|