Best Season or Time to Visit Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
- Spring (March, April, and May)
The Annapurna Circuit Trek including Tilicho Lake is best done in the spring. This is the busiest time of year for trekking in Nepal due to the clear sky and sunny days. Even while temperatures will often be warm, mornings and evenings at higher elevations may be cool. There is currently no rain and the sky is mostly clear. The amount of greenery is particularly abundant at this time of year. The national flower of Nepal, the rhododendron, thrives in lower elevations and is particularly gorgeous. Lower-elevation pine trees will be calming and fragrant, while other wildflowers give a range of hues.
- Autumn (September, October, and November)
The Annapurna Circuit Trek involving Tilicho Lake is at its best in the autumn. This is a very well-liked time of year to go hiking in the Annapurna area. Because of the great weather and breathtaking landscape, there will be more hikers on the trails, and lodging will be in high demand. Since festival season and the busiest hiking season coincide, the staff is overworked. Do keep this in mind when you plan your excursion. On the other hand, you may take in Pokhara's stunning scenery and the lively atmosphere along the trip.
Food and Meal Available During Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
We recommend that you try some of the regional delicacies, like dal, Bhat, boiled potatoes with chili sauce, Sherpa stew, and curry with rice. The cuisine is of outstanding quality. These are the staple foods for Sherpa people, yet every resort also offers a wide selection of Western specialties. While on the Annapurna Circuit Trek combining Tilicho Lake, you will consume three meals.
- Breakfast options include fried and scrambled eggs, toast, pancakes, Tibetan bread, muesli, porridge, tea, coffee, and chocolate.
- Lunch and dinner menu items include soups (tomato, garlic, vegetable, mushrooms, etc.), veg fried rice, dal, bhat, curry with rice, noodles (mix fried, veg, egg, cheese), macaroni, spring rolls (veg, egg, cheese, mixed), mo:mo (dumpling), pizza (all varieties), fried potatoes (veg or cheese), chips, buff steak (water buffalo, occasionally yak), and lasagna.
We strongly advise staying away from dairy, alcoholic beverages, caffeinated foods, and hot chocolate. At high altitudes, it is advised to consume liquids like green tea, lemon tea, hot lemon, ginger tea, garlic soup (a necessity), and fresh vegetables.
Accommodation Facilities on Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
In Pokhara and Kathmandu, you will stay in standard hotels. While on the Tilicho Lake and Annapurna Circuit Trek, you may choose from a choice of lodging options. Tourist-oriented lodges, guest homes, and teahouses exist. The lodges are nice for your initial step, but as you get to greater elevations, things start to change. There is a large dining area with a wood-burning stove in the tea house. Most of the time, hikers converse and eat while staying warm by the fire in the dining room. Each guesthouse has blankets available. The accommodations are rather basic. They often have two single beds, blankets, and an occasional table and chair. Long-drop traditional toilets, which are holes in the ground, are increasingly prevalent as you ascend the lodges; lower lodges have neat, western-style flush toilets. Keeping some toilet paper on hand at all times is the wisest course of action.
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Difficulty Level
The Annapurna Trek with Tilicho Lake is quite challenging. The strenuous level of difficulty of this journey is a result of the route's tremendous elevation. The area's highest pass, Thorung La, is situated along the hiking trail and rises to a height of 5416 meters. This part of the journey is so challenging that it is closed for most of the year due to the extreme cold and heavy snowfall. Additionally, when traveling, you always remain above 3000 meters. Some of the most challenging terrains, which are typically harsh, rocky, and steep, are traversed. Contrary to many other treks, the Annapurna Circuit Tilicho Lake Trek has an unalterable degree of difficulty. Although you have the option to forego some of the pathways, doing so would mean that you would lose out on the highlights of the experience. The only thing a trekker can do to prepare physically and mentally for the journey is to get ready for the challenges of the Annapurna trekking with Tilicho.
Travel Insurance for Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
You must have travel insurance for the Annapurna Circuit Trek linking Tilicho Lake since you will be trekking at a height of 3000 meters. Frighteningly expensive are medical emergencies and evacuations due to illness or injury. Therefore, we strongly advise purchasing travel insurance for everyone who books a trek with Green Valley Nepal Treks. We advise you to make a thorough decision when selecting coverage because certain insurers have certain limitations for dangerous travel. Before purchasing insurance, make sure your provider is prepared to cover all of the activities involved while on the trip and is aware of the Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake itinerary you intend to follow. You must have emergency helicopter rescue and medical expense coverage with your insurance if you want to go hiking or mountain climbing in the Himalayas. Since all payments for deposits are non-refundable, check your insurance coverage to make sure that trip cancellation is covered.
Altitude Sickness and Remedies during Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Air pressure and oxygen density decrease when hikers climb higher into the mountains relative to sea level. Starting at a lower elevation, the Annapurna Circuit trek plus Tilicho Lake gradually ascends to 5416 meters above sea level. While trekking over 3000 meters, trekkers may encounter typical altitude sickness symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and loss of appetite, as well as weariness and insomnia. It is crucial to treat these symptoms. Hikers must quickly descend to a lower elevation to prevent more issues. Out of concern for being sent back and being unable to finish the journey, many people decide not to tell anybody. It unavoidably puts their lives in peril as a result. Stay out in the open and let your guide know as soon as you can. Acclimatization is necessary if you want to avoid altitude sickness symptoms. By acclimatizing, your body may more readily adjust to its environment. Consuming water, maintaining your own speed, and following your leader's directions all help you avoid the AMS. You should also refrain from drinking and smoking throughout your trip.
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Packing List
Without the right supplies and gear, you run into a lot of hazards when you go on the Annapurna Circuit Trek encompassing Tilicho Lake. It will make the trip very time-consuming and difficult, costing a lot of money. Trekkers must thus pack all of the necessary equipment and supplies. The correct gear will depend on the terrain, altitude, and duration of the walk. Winter equipment requirements are different from spring or autumn requirements. As a result, you must choose your tools and necessities with utmost care. Here are a few things we advise trekkers on the Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake to bring.
- Backpack: Bring a backpack that is large enough to fit all of your gear and supplies.
- Sleeping bag: A sleeping bag is important for staying warm at night.
- Sleeping pad: A sleeping pad will provide insulation and cushioning from the hard ground.
- Clothes: Pack a mix of clothes for both warm and cold weather. This will include a base layer, mid-layer, and outer layer. Make sure to bring plenty of socks, as they will get wet and will need to be changed frequently.
- Rain gear: Bring a waterproof rain jacket and pants to keep you dry in case of rain.
- Headlamp: A headlamp is essential for navigating through the dark in the morning or at night.
- Trekking poles: Trekking poles can help to alleviate pressure on your knees and provide stability on rough terrain.
- Hiking boots: Make sure to bring a pair of sturdy, comfortable hiking boots that are broken in.
- Water bottle: Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated during the trek.
- Snacks: Pack some high-energy snacks, such as trail mix, nuts, and energy bars, to fuel your body during the trek.
- First aid kit: It is a good idea to bring a small first aid kit with basic supplies, such as Band-Aids, painkillers, and blister pads.
- Sun protection: Don't forget to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Personal hygiene items: Bring toothpaste, toothbrush, hand sanitizer, and any other personal hygiene items you may need.
- Passport: Make sure to bring your passport, as you will need it to enter Nepal.
- Travel documents: Bring copies of your travel documents, such as your flight itinerary and travel insurance policy.
- Cash: It is a good idea to bring some cash in small denominations for incidentals.
- Camera: Don't forget to bring a camera to capture the beautiful scenery and memorable moments of your trip.
We hope this packing list helps you prepare for your Annapurna Circuit Tilicho Lake Trek! Other items you can also add are: Recommended Packing List for Nepal Trekking
Safety and Guide during Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
You may experience the magnificent peaks and scenery by hiking the Annapurna Circuit Trek combining Tilicho Lake. It is really safe, so you don't need to worry about the trip. Green Valley Nepal Treks is a trustworthy organization that takes the following safety measures.
- Trek leaders and guides have years of expertise leading treks, so they can guarantee your comfort, safety, and security.
- We provide intensive wilderness first aid training to all of our guides.
- As you progress through the walk, our guide will inspire and motivate you.
- In trekking areas, our guides inspect the sanitation of the meals and lodging.
- We have all the tools, equipment, and first aid supplies we require.
- Our trek leaders have the right to cancel or continue a tour if someone gets sick.
- We will send a chopper to evacuate people in case of emergencies (covered by insurance).
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Booking Procedure
Having been in business for more than 10 years, Green Valley Nepal Treks is a government-approved, registered, and bonded trek and tour company in Nepal. We are members of the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) and the Trekking Agency Association of Nepal (TAAN). Therefore, you may securely make trip reservations with us. For the confirmation of your Annapurna Circuit Trekking with Tilicho Reservation, we ask a 10% advance payment. Within a week of making your reservation, email us the relevant paperwork, including a copy of your passport, two passport-sized pictures, your travel insurance information, and flight information. Western Union, bank transfers, and online payments through the website are all accepted forms of payment. After you get to Kathmandu, you may pay the remaining trip expenses using cash, a bank transfer, or a credit card. Additionally, we will send you payment information and accepted methods.