One of the biggest and most vibrant events, the Tiji Festival lasts for three days in the middle of May every year. According to the Tibetan calendar, the Tiji festival is celebrated at Lo Manthang. The next Tiji Festival 2023 will take place in Lo Manthang from May 16 to May 18, 2023. Currently, it is not allowed to visit Lo Manthang 5 Story Palace.
In Nepal's Annapurna area, Tiji Festival Jeep Tour provides a breathtaking and hypnotic colorful cultural experience. Upper Mustang and Lo-Manthang may now be reached by a four-wheel drive jeep. The history of the Tiji Festival spans several centuries, however, myths and stories rather than documented facts are used to enrich it. The term “Tiji” comes from the phrase “Ten Che”, which means "hope of Buddhism prevailing in the world for peace" and, in essence, celebrates the victory of God over the devil. To drive the devil away, the three-day ceremony is celebrated with a variety of dance ceremonies. It is supported by the mythical tale of Lo Manthang. A boy by the name of Dorje Jono battles his evil father many years ago, who causes damage in the Mustang by limiting the availability of water, a resource that is extremely precious in the area. The monster is ultimately vanquished by Dorje Jono, who also casts him out of the dry land.
The Tiji Festival Upper Mustang Jeep Tour begins with a lovely flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara in the west. You will board a flight from Pokhara to Jomsom after visiting well-known locations in the Pokhara Valley, such as Phew Lake, David Fall, World Peace Pagoda, Mahendra Cave, Bindabasini Temple, and Sarangkot. The place where things start to get genuinely amazing is Jomsom, a lovely village covering both sides of the Kali Gandaki River. Making perilous ascents and descents won't be a concern for you because you will be traveling in a comfortable private jeep. Another highlight of the journey is the Upper Mustang Colorful Tiji Festival Jeep Tour's visit to Muktinath temple, which is reached through Kagbeni. You will travel via Chhusang, Ghiling, and Ghami as you make your way toward Tsarang after spending a full day exploring Muktinath's historical site and getting a taste of its culture. You will travel from Tsarang to Lo-Manthang and stay there for three days to observe the Tiji Festival. You will drive back to Jomsom after three days of contemplative activity in Lo-Manthang. You will take a picturesque flight out of Jomsom to Pokhara before continuing on to Kathmandu. After seeing the Kathmandu Valley and visiting Pashupatinath Temple, Durbar Square, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath Temple, and other sites, your Tiji Festival Jeep Tour in Upper Mustang will come to an end.
A hassle-free tour for anyone interested in spiritual travel is the 10 Days Tiji Festival Jeep Tour in Lo-Manthang. Tiji Festival Jeep Tour with Local Guide has long been a service provided by Green Valley Nepal Treks. After understanding our overview and itinerary, please contact us for further details. Every trip package may be altered to meet your needs, and we stand ready to do so. Booking is currently available at a very competitive rate for the Upper Mustang Tour during the Tiji Festival in the years 2023 and 2024.
Benefits of Booking Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Jeep Tour with Us
- Free International Airport Pickup And Drop Services
- Green Valley Nepal Trek Duffle Bag and T-Shirt as a souvenir
- Map of Tiji Festival Upper Mustang Jeep Tour
- An Oximeter to Check Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels.
- Medical Kits - Which May Be Necessary In Certain Cases.
- Free Excess Luggage Storing At Green Valley Nepal Store During The Trek
- Arrangement of sleeping bags and down jackets if required
Preparation for Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Jeep Tour
Here are some things to consider when preparing for a jeep tour to the Upper Mustang Tiji Festival:
- Obtain a permit: To enter the Upper Mustang region, you will need a special permit. This can be obtained through a government-authorized trekking agency or tour operator. It's important to plan ahead, as permits can take several weeks to process.
- Research the festival: Learn as much as you can about the Tiji Festival and the cultural significance of the event. This will give you a better understanding of what to expect and how to respect the local customs and traditions during the festival.
- Pack appropriately: The weather in Mustang can be unpredictable, so pack warm and waterproof clothing, comfortable and sturdy walking shoes, and a hat or head covering. Be sure to also pack any necessary medications and enough money for emergencies and personal expenses.
- Get in shape: The Mustang region is located at a high altitude, so be prepared for some light hiking or walking. You will be visiting remote villages, so it is important that you are in good physical shape.
- Be respectful: Remember that you are visiting a remote region with a unique culture and way of life. Be respectful of the local customs and traditions, and be mindful of your actions and behavior.
- Understand the Risk: Mustang is a remote area, and many things like road conditions, weather, and health facilities can be very different than what you are used to. So, it's very important to have good travel insurance and also to inform your loved ones of your whereabouts.
By preparing well in advance, you can ensure that your jeep tour to the Upper Mustang Tiji Festival is a safe and enjoyable experience.
Mustang Tiji Festival Tour Cost for 2023 and 2024
The booking cost for Mustang Tiji Festival Tour is updated for you, which start from USD 2100 only. Group pricing is listed in the table below:
|No. of Pax||Starting Price||Action|
|2||USD 2550||SEND INQUIRY|
|3||USD 2350||SEND INQUIRY|
|4 to 6||USD 2100||SEND INQUIRY|
If larger than 6 persons are in the group contact us via email or WhatsApp for a special group offer.